British Grand Prix
4 Days - by Rail
Price from £449.50 per person*
Departs 14th Jul 2017
Single person supplement : £120.00 per person
Few sporting occasions match the intensity, glamour and drama of the FORMULA 1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX, and whether you are a wide–eyed first–timer or seasoned veteran the experience is breathtaking.
The British Grand Prix is the oldest race in the Formula 1 calendar. Originally a World War II airfield, Silverstone has hosted the race regularly since 1950, and every year since 1987. The circuit, even after major revisions in 1991, is famous for being one of the fastest and most challenging tracks on the F1 circuit, testing even the best driver's skills to the limit.
Book now to get 4 days of petrolhead paradise with this great value Formula 1 Omega break including rail travel, coach transfers, hotel and half board. Varrrrooooom!!!
This tour is organised and operated by Omega Holidays plc ABTA V4782 ATOL 6081
- Return standard class rail travel from selected stations to Birmingham
- Three nights at the 4 star St John's Hotel, Solihull with 3–course dinner and breakfast (full English on Saturday & Monday, continental on Sunday)
- 2–day General Admission ticket to the British Grand Prix with coach transfers (ticket upgrades are available at a supplement, see panel)
- Return transfer from Birmingham railway station to your hotel
- VAT at 20%
* Based on two people sharing a room. A room for single person occupancy is offered, subject to availability, at a supplement of £120pp for the break.
- Weekend Stowe Grandstand – £119
- Weekend Luffield Grandstand – £159
- Weekend Abbey Grandstand – £249
- Child 10 yrs & under receives £135 reduction with General Admission tickets
- Child 11yrs – 15 yrs receives £75 reduction with General Admission tickets.
- Child tickets & prices for all Grandstands – please ring for details
Please note that Grandstand tickets only have a guaranteed allocated seat on Sunday. On Saturday the ticket is a Roving Grandstand so the customer can go into all grandstands and sit in any unoccupied seat on a first come first served basis (this does not include Club Silverstone).
Friday Catch the train at your chosen station for your journey to Birmingham. On arrival, you will be taken by coach to your hotel with plenty of time to relax prior to your 3–course dinner and the first of three nights stay.
Saturday After a full English breakfast, we will take you to the home of British F1 racing, Silverstone, to enjoy the practice and qualifying sessions and the drive for pole position. Afterwards, we will return you to your hotel for dinner and your second night's stay.
At Silverstone, a General Admission ticket for both the Saturday and Sunday is included, and allows you access to watch all the action from any of the raised viewing areas around the outside of the circuit. Please note that a seat is not provided and that these areas are not covered.
Sunday Following a very early continental breakfast, we will head to Silverstone and the highlight of your weekend break; the 2017 British Grand Prix. Feel the tension as the cars' engines rev on the grid waiting for the race to start... the lights go out, and the noise on the track is matched only by the roar of the crowd! After a fabulous day of sporting action, and the winner's presentation, the coach will take you back to the hotel for your final night's stay.
Monday After a final full English breakfast, you will be transferred back to the railway station for your train home.
Here are some example hotels or similar ones that we use for this break, actual availability may change with the travel date you choose.
Some hotels have an additional supplement per person, as shown below. Supplements are stated for the break (not per night)
|A converted country mansion close to the NEC, with indoor pool and spa bath...|
If you would like to join our mailing list then please enter your email address below.